1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Strange behavior on PriusChat

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by hdrygas, Mar 8, 2005.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I was at work surfing PriusChat and got a window that new security measures required me to answer questions. I could not get on the board and I was not posting just reading. Has my PC (reads Windoz box) been hacked? I logged off logged on same thing. The profiles were requesting birth date info and country. I am not sure if that was there before and I left it blank when I first registered. Never could get things to work. It looked like an official PC page. Have we been hacked? I am not finding it at home. As many of you know I am basically a Mac user. I only use the Windows box at work because they beat me if I don't ( not to mention stop paying me!) What gives. Anyone else?

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had the same problem with PriusChat about 2pm Pacific, went to PriusOnline and got a page that said thet there were no forums.
    Went back to PriusChat later and it was OK.

I am on XP with MS explorer so it's not your system.

3. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I also had problems this afternoon while at work(EST).Was going slow then blank page. We have T-1 line at work and I have network at my bench and plug in my laptop there. I use Win98SE and had Firefox browser up.Tried to go back in,nothing. Typed in www.priuschat.com and I got a page that Danny was doing cache work on site. So I didn't try till tonight. I also thought we were hacked :x

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would guess 2:15 to 2:24 I got out of surgery at 1:45 and drove to the office. It was very strange. By the time I got home nothing but on a different system.

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sorry about any confusion - I was looking to put into place new security measures yesterday, but wasn't able to complete everything. I'll look to install them soon, though, and I'll provide instructions for everyone then.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Given what has been going on here and at PriusOnline I was worried that something had happened. Glad we are OK

7. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hopefully Danny has paid attention to every flaw PriusOnline has manifested...

8. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It made me update my profile though while i was seaching for that damn question LOL!

9. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't want to be paranoid or anything I will will probably be better after I take the pill the nice nurse will bring me but when both PriusChat and Prius Online were out today I was beginning to get ideas that someone was out to get us like HummerChatonline or wispier it GM. :pukeleft: :mrgreen:

10. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe Hondahybrid.com or Fordhybrid.com are conspiring to sabatoge the Prius websites! :x I was also off this afternoon :(

11. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    lol henry!!

ya, it was tough for me too. had to go to my last ditch site www.pstoc.com (puget sound toyota owners club) for my daily fix of forum news and venting....

12. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas\";p=\"70935)</div>
    Wouldn't HummerChat be more like a mumble?