1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

strange behavior

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by andrejsvk, Dec 2, 2013.

1. andrejsvk

andrejsvk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have observed 2 situations where my prius does really strange things.

1: when the car is not fully warmed up (not sure which stage it is in) when I accelerate almost at top of the eco side of the HSI and the gas pedal is kept in the same position and the car ti accelerating. Then the car suddenly starts accelerating way more witout moving the pedal or the position on HSI. I am not 100% sure when this happens but it already happened to me 3 times. Is this normal or is something wrong with my car?

2: when I am in stop-crawl-stop trafic and I accelerate without the gas pedal the movement is not 100% smooth and there are several kiks. The same is when I try to stop smoothly: when going less then walking speed and press brake peddal a little I can feel the eletric motor stil wants to go forward against the brakes resulting in small "shaking". Does this happen also to you?

I intend to test drive brand new prius and see if it does the same. The problem is that here in slovakia there are maybe 10 priuses in total som most toyota dealerships never experienced any problems with the car and cannot tell what is normal and what is not. My car has 39000km right now so still new.

thank you
    best regards