1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Strange Behavior

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Stever, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Stever

Stever New Member

Strange Behavior:
    I have all the Australian options (Nav, Phone, etc)

Dairy of Events:
    Mon: 20,000 Km Service at local Toyota Dealer
    Tue: Prius starts ok, after driving for 5 minutes I press the 'Map' button on the steering wheel with no response. I pull over, stop the car and start the car. No Nav, Climate, Consumption or Audio displayed on the screen. I did get the 'Bluetooth connected' message and the Volume up/down showed when I turned the Radio Volume.
    When I got home I tried the diag screen, no obvious errors or problems.
    When the car started I got the "Prius Splash Screen", then a blank screen for 5 seconds then, the "Consumption" screen with blank Temp, Average & Current values.
    When I pressed the "Map" or "Audio" button I got a message like "Failed to connect to external device".
    Wed: While driving to work the radio started cutting in and out, then the values on the Consumption screen started to appear. The Nav system worked and the Phone connection also. I called the Toyota Dealer and the checked it over and found nothing conclusive.
    I Drove home (45 minute, 30Km drive) with no problems. I went out again and on the way back the radio cut out for 40 seconds then started again. During that time the Nav system did not respond. I went out a second time and while backing the car up the driveway the screen when blank the redisplayed the "Prius Splash Screen" then displayed a "Check the System" Message for a while (40 Seconds) then things started coming good (Nav, Radio) ect. I then tried turning the volume both the knob on the radio or the up/down button worked. I had to turn the radio power off.

Do I have a Virus?

Has anyone else had these troubles?

I plan to keep a camera in the car so I can take pictures of the screen when (if) it happens again. I there anything else I could do the Toyota Dealer?

Thanks for any help!

2. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The fact that you had just have the service makes me wanna think that the service people somehow messed it up. I wouldn't know how, but if you had the problems the day after leaving them, it almost has to be their fault, and as such, I would imagine you were entitled to get them to fix a problem of their own doing.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Sounds like a loose wire with that failure to connect stuff.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yep, sounds like they didn't plug one of the ECU wires back in all the way.