1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Strange Bluetooth Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Nickp001, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Nickp001

Nickp001 New Member

My bluetooth has been functioning properly since the day I got my car. All of the sudden, about a month ago I started encountering this strange problem.

Any time I get a text message on my phone, my cars bluetooth picks it up as an incoming call, cuts off the sound to my stereo, and displays the incoming call message on the screen. It get's even stranger. As best I can tell, it only does this when I have other text messages in my inbox. If my inbox is empty, I don't think this happens.

Stranger yet, the caller ID on the Prius screen shows the caller as being the last caller I received a call from.

I have the Motorola V710 from Verizon (soon to be replaced due to the settlement).

Any ideas why this would happen?

2. popoff

popoff New Member

I have no idea re the bluetooth question but I'm curious what you intend to replace the V710 with. I find it to be an excellent phone, although I'm not very pleased with the sound quality when it's linked up to the Prius system.

3. Nickp001

Nickp001 New Member

I'm leaning towards the e815 right now, but they won't be replacing the phones until at least late January of 06. Verizon may come out with something I like better by then. At least with the 815 there is a hack available that would allow phonebook transfer via bluetooth.

My main complaint about the Motorolla phones is the weak vibration ringer. I've heard that the LG 8100 has a pretty strong vibrate, but no way to do the bluetooth phonebook transfer.

4. mitchbf

mitchbf New Member

I have a couple of comments for you. First off, sounds like a pretty good system you've got going there. I'm using a RAZR from T-Mobile and I only get caller ID when the car stops! I've tried about a half-dozen different phones and the bluetooth sound quality is uniformly bad with all of them. Personally, I would recommend deleting the link with your phone and start over again and see if it continues to have the same issues.

5. Nickp001

Nickp001 New Member

I only started getting the caller ID to work when I uploaded my phonebook via my laptop over bluetooth. The caller ID only works when it want to though, which isn't very often. I think I'll go ahead and try your suggestion of deleting the link and then recreating it.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have an e815, which I like, but the hack won't work. It enables OBEX, but not OPP. No biggie for me as I have only 5 numbers I'd need to call so they're on one-touch.