1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Strange electrical problem

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Njoynit43, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Njoynit43

Njoynit43 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Several times my 6 month old Prius v Three refuses to start. I've taken it to the dealer 5 times now for an array of electrical issues. I was told the keyfob wireless signal isn't reaching the Power pushbutton on the dashboard & to not ever put the keyfob near my cell phone & to put the keyfob as close to the Power pushbutton as possible. Seriously - I'm not a tech geek & that sounded so ridiculous to me that I asked everyone I know & all my friends have keyfobs for their cars & don't have issues with where they store it (ie near their cell phones) or having to put it near a certain location in their car to get it to start. But the head mechanic also found a loose wire for my heated seats. Now if they could fix ALL the other crazy things my car is doing.

I plan to use my states lemon law to return the car to them tomorrow after driving 20 miles with a full tank of gas my out of gas light came on & the car showed no bars on the gas gauge. I pull over to the first gas station & the darn car only took 3.4 gallons of gas!!!!!!! I then drove another 60 miles & it showed I have half tank of gas so I filled it up again to be on the safe side & it took 7.6 gallons. I went another 30 miles & now it's showing I have 2 bars. My car is possessed by some huge electrical monster.

2. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Based on your miles and gallons per fill, you're getting between 6 and 8 miles per gallon? Either you're very upset and not making any sense, or since it your first post, are you a valid Prius owner? Sorry for being abrupt, but unless you have a leak in your gas tank, what you're stating can't be right.