1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Strange noise???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gforeman, Nov 7, 2007.

1. gforeman

gforeman New Member

When I come to a stop now on my 2007, it makes a chirping/squeak sound. Usually Two in a row, squeak squeak.

If I have the car off, and have sat for a few minutes, I can press the brake and hear it do it. Sounds like something in the brakes. Anyone have this problem before? Car has 10k.

Yes, I kknow, go to the dealer, but that's 45 minutes and a long wait in the service department away. I won't be in a position to do this for a few weeks.

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You know it would be funny if this was it, did you buy new rubber sole shoes. I bought some new shoes awhile ago and it took me awhile to figure out it was my new shoes squeaking with the rubber on the brake pedal.

3. gforeman

gforeman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paprius4030 @ Nov 7 2007, 03:14 PM) [snapback]536293[/snapback]</div>
    I wish it were that easy! No, you can here it coming from the left front brake area.

4. Marvinh

Marvinh Marvin

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Some people would call it a clunky kind of sound. Mine does it to. I consider it normal, because I think the regenerative braking system is releasing as the car comes to a complete stop. Try stopping very gently and see if you still hear it. You can also do a search of the forum for this topic and get some other answers.

Marvin