1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

streaming iphone music via bluetooth.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rashidkaviani, Aug 22, 2010.

1. rashidkaviani

rashidkaviani New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello, been reading for months but first time posting.

I have a prius III and it doesn't have the navigation system installed. it's the very basic package just has the upgraded stereo system and a bluetooth system for making calls and such.

When I am in a phone call I can hit the home button on my phone and go to ipod and play something and whatever is playing starts to play through the car speakers.

my question is how do i make this work when I am not in a phone call? I have seen lots of videos of people doing this with prius III that have navigation systems but not on ones without navigation system. I know the car has the capability to do this because it does it when I am in a phone call...

any help is appreciated I would like to resolve this myself before asking the service center for help in a few months.

Thank you,
    RK

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's interesting. Those with nav can do it because the navigation head unit has the capability to sync with the phone's music player. The standard radio head unit cannot. Chances are, it's just playing it because it thinks it's just you talking via bluetooth.

3. kpence73

kpence73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The non-nav JBL package with BT does NOT stream audio from ipod or iphone. Your sales guy probably said it does, but it doesn't. It seems the non-nav JBL package is not a very common package and the BT included with it is not the same as with the nav system or because of the lack of the nav system, it is missing tech that would allow it.