1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Struts for 05 prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by shonna, Jul 1, 2023.

1. shonna

shonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just wondering if the struts off of a same year corolla will fit on 05 prius.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sure wish we knew... They'd be a way better price... I suspect the rear one are more likely to work than the front ones. Please try to find out and let us know?

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    In The rear of the '03 and up Corollas have a weird shock absorber and the spring unlike the back of the Prius so that wouldn't work I'm not sure that the hub assemblies are of similar systems I'd have to go and look I'm not sure that the '03 Corolla and up get a big aluminum hub assembly? The coilovers for my for my '02 Corolla sitting right next to my '05 Prius they will bolt up and everything would fit including the sway bar end link The only thing that does not fit is the thickness of the hub assembly tabs where it bolts to the strut the spacing is made for the iron hub assembly or steel not the aluminum which is much thicker I can go measure if need be but they will not fit and you can't spread them to fit and then get the bolt in and tighten it down everything will be kind of deformed on the strut tube And these things I know because I have the struts and the two cars sitting right here and I have a set of coilovers that are fully adjustable that will fit on the '02 AE111 chassis I believe it is but they will fit physically on the Prius the generation 2 but where they bolt to the hub and slide up will be no sliding up there. I can provide pics to direct emails to pain in the whatever to post here.