1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stubby AM/FM Antenna

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by flynz4, Jan 10, 2006.

1. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Is there a smaller antenna that fits into the standard base? If so, where can I get one? Thanks in advance.

/Jim

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Probably cheapest on E-bay, Sigma Automotive sells a variety, probably any big name auto-parts shop should have a variety too.

3. glenk

glenk Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    There are a few sold on ebay for ~$15 including shipping. Just search for Prius + antenna and you'll see the variety of short antennas available. Anywhere from 4" stubbys to 7" or so. You'll definitely give up some AM reception with these though. Why do you want to change from the original? Car wash problems?

4. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You can make your own from the stock one. All you need is a pair of side cutters and a dab of black paint.

5. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Once I get the satellite radio installed, I doubt that I will be using the commercial radio very often. I would still want it to work... but I would prefer to not have to remove it in a carwash... or if I put a Thule rack on top for biles and/or a box... then I would not want to have the interference.

I assume when you remove it in a carwash... there is no risk of water getting inside through the socket?

/Jim