1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Studebaker Electric Car

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Marvinh, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Marvinh

Marvinh Marvin

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Did you guys know about the Studebaker electric car? My wife and I visited a carriage museum on Long Island today and they had one on display.. from 1905! The wikipedia web page is attached below. Take a look at the ads as well. However, nowhere in the ads does it state the range of the car. Hmmmm.

Enjoy! - Marvin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studebaker_El...28automobile%29

2. raybatt2222@sbcglobal.net

[email protected] Junior Member

[attachmentid=12618][attachmentid=12619][attachmentid=12620]Just thought I would add that this electric Studebaker is on display in South Bend, at the National Studebaker Museum. Also, there is a nice display concerning gas prices, etc., with a Prius as a present-day alternative.

Attached Files:

3. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes, there were early cars that ran on electricity and alcohol.

These fuels were abandoned when plentiful, low-cost gasoline became available.

4. jonjonbear

jonjonbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

If you are ever in South Bend, the Studebaker National Museum is a very worthwhile visit. I have been in the National Studebaker Drivers Club for many years and my first national meet was in South Bend..Was sorta like going to Mecca for Studebaker collectors :p
    Fortunately I got to see the old factory before they started tearing it down..

John