1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Study: 20% of drivers "likely" to consider buying an electric vehicle next time out

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by cwerdna, Jan 18, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Study: 20% of drivers "likely" to consider buying an electric vehicle next time out — Autoblog Green
    Here we go again w/surveys... "Considering" is one thing. Doing is another. It's funny how people answer one way but the actions of the general public are another story.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    "Considering" covers a lot of territory. Would I consider buying a Chevy? Yes, when pigs fly, when the sun rises in the west, when I grow hair...

Would I consider replacing my Prius with an EV? No. Given the current infrastructure I drive too far to depend on an EV.

I can almost hear Richard Dawson proclaiming...Survey says...

3. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    You can't really say the public doesn't follow up on buying EVs. Up until VERY recently people have not had highway legal EVs to purchase. And even now, the EVs available to purchase are drastically limited in both numbers and geographic area.

4. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    More EVs please! :D:D:D

5. SparkieBlues

SparkieBlues New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm very happy to say I belong to part of that 20% :)
    The only problem is, where I come from there won't be one for me to buy for quite a while...

6. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    And a good chunk of those 20% are completely freaking ecstatic that they will be able to buy an EV.

I'm not planning on buying until 2018. There's plenty of time for a reasonably-priced Prius-40 to appear. :D But I'd love an EV but practical considerations make it a no-go at the moment.