1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stuff that's not as bad as I thought in my shiny new Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Ripley44224, May 22, 2010.

1. Ripley44224

Ripley44224 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    • Speed: When you set aside the hypermiler mindset and mash the pedal to the floor, acceleration is "not awful." This is no tire-burner, but it gets up and goes OK.
    • Rearview: I thought I would hate the view in the rearview mirror, but it's not too bad. It helps to fold down the back seat headrests. My wife's Mitsubishi Eclipse has a back window the size of a football. It puts the Prius rearview into perspective.
    • "Flying Bridge" Center Console: I am 6'2", and the console is just the right height to rest my knee against. Very comfortable. Displays are positioned so they're readable.
    • Seats: Comfy and supportive. Fabric is easy to clean. I spilled a half cup of coffee on the passenger seat, and it came right up. Didn't hurt that interior color (Bisque) is coffee-spill friendly. :rolleyes: I thought I would miss motorized seat adjustments, but I can achieve the same comfort level with the manual controls, and then you just leave them alone anyway.
    • Interior size: It's uncanny how close the interior size is to my previous car, a Ford Fusion. Yet the exterior is a foot shorter. Easier to maneuver and park, more room in the garage-- Nice job, Toyota!

1 person likes this.
  2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Damn, your garage attacked your Prius and you spilled a half cup of coffee in it within 48 hours?

3. Ripley44224

Ripley44224 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    LOL-- I didn't think anyone would catch that. Actually, I spilled the coffee going into work, and the garage attacked after I got home, so all happened the same day! Should have stayed in bed. :eek:

4. Penny's Dad

Penny's Dad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Try Orange Soda...It is worse than red wine!:eek: