1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stupid Dealer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hans_fh, Dec 2, 2009.

1. hans_fh

hans_fh New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Instruction for DIY Oil change

Hey guys! I am going to DIY the oil change for my 08 Prius. Does anyone here has the instruction? I searched the forum and found an instruction that has dead link.

Thanks!

2. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  3. MadHungarian

MadHungarian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Who prepared the DIY Instructions in the link provided by Doc Willie (above)? I have been/am a member of several other interest groups (Porsche, Mercedes-Benz), and these instructions are, with out a doubt, superior to any I have seen elsewhere. CONGRATULATIONS!

P.S. I am undoubtedly even more stupid than a/the "Stupid Dealer" because I cannot devine the reason for the title of this thread and why it is not entitled "DIY oil change instructions?" or or something of that sort--which might result in more viewings/help.

4. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes it's pretty weird. I think he originally posted something completely different (about taking his Prius to the dealer to try to diagnose an intermittent rattle of some type) and then he totally re-edited to the unrelated oil change question.

BTW. Yeah I agree that's a really comprehensive and well written guide, congrats to whoever wrote it. :)

PS. The guide is for Gen III, does anyone know if there's a similar guide for the Gen II model Prius?

5. Politburo

Politburo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
  6. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks. :)

7. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That was prepared by our own John1701a, one of the truly intelligent people who are both Prius owners and Trekkies. :evil:

8. hans_fh

hans_fh New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks guys! You are great!

Yes, I originally posted my complaint about the incompetent technicians at the dealership. But they finally found the problems and I removed the complaint. Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, the instruction is really helpful.