1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stupid Newbe Nav Question ...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Keith Hollister, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Keith Hollister

Keith Hollister New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Brand new owner of a 2014 Prius 3. I have read through the Display Audio System manual and I can't figure out how/if the nag system is updatable. I'm also a bit confused about what the advantage of the optional HDD nag unit on the 4/5 is. I had assumed the "base" nag system was DVD based, but it is not (which I think means the data is carried on ROM). In that case why the HDD option?

2. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    if U didn't upgrade. Prius Three has the Display Audio with Nav, that system isn't HDD or DVD.
    on this system Traffic can only be obtain thru the Entune App, you will be using your phone data.
    Hybrid Cars | Toyota Prius 2014

The HDD option gives U a better nicer display. Traffic is obtain via XM, u need to subscribe to get traffic.

It will cost alot for u to upgrade now, when U are buying it should get the dealer to explain to you.

3. Keith Hollister

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    OK -but I might not have been clear - I was curious about the update process for the maps/POI's, not upgrading the head unit. Thanks for giving some info on the differences between the two units. This is all just curiosity at this point.

4. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The nav data is not on SD card? My 14 Sienna has an SD slot for map data.

5. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    the next system released runs the Map data from the SD card. The older system does it differently

6. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    update maps data base, you have to go to the dealership. U pay for it they get a code and flash it over USB.

The newer system using SD card would be a swap of the SD card and some code I would imagine.

7. Keith Hollister

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ah - thanks.