1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

sub frame connector

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Auto rescue, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Auto rescue

Auto rescue New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Ok so I have a 2005toyota Prius I been noticing that my driver side front has been wearing more than the rest of the car so when I drive I here like a squeaky noise like when you sit on springs of a bed I'm also leaking trans fluid was told my subframe was bent so trying to figure out if that could be it not really sure and is it expensive?

2. andrewclaus

andrewclaus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Did a qualified body shop or alignment shop tell you the subframe was bent? If so, I wouldn't doubt it. Do you know if the car was in an accident? If so, it's probably an expensive fix and might cost more than the car is worth.

The squeak might not be related to the alignment problem, and could be a worn bushing, easily replaced. Can you see oil leakage around the struts?

The transaxle leak is probably a separate issue and might be serious or maybe not. Have you checked fluid level? Can you clean it and see where the leak is coming from?

How many miles on the car?

It sounds like the car might need semi-serious body work, maybe suspension/steering work, and at least a little transaxle work. Good luck with it.