1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sub question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by _SYCLONE_, Jun 17, 2008.

1. _SYCLONE_

_SYCLONE_ New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello all, Nice little forum you have here. I own a 07 package 2 prius. Nothing fancy but it works for me :) I like the stereo but would like to have just a little more low. Something small 10" or so sub would be plenty. My local shops no nothing about Prius installs so they are not touching it LOL. Anyway, What do you recommend for just adding a single sub even if its self powered. Any brands, model numbers would be greatly appreciated. I have installed several stereos and amps in the past but this car just makes me a little nervous about all that stuff :0

Thanks
    Will
    Louisville, KY

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    there are probably 20 to 30 really in depth post on this already.. do a search for subs.. or audio.. or jbl..

You're good up to around 1400 watts or so.. haha.. some have made bigger systems.

I use a 10 inch sub in the hatch. I spliced into the JBL amp and put in a low line crossover to feed the amp.. the amp draws it's power strait from the battery ( i was too lazy to put in a remote on)... mine is only like... *shrug*... 200w

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    there is also a harness.. i know a few people make it.. i also know that Bazooka makes it (bazooka wire harness is the only thing that comes to mind)

the prius works well for audio since it's fed so nicely from the Hybrid battery.. no need about killing an alternator for more juice.. or a capacitor to help level the load.... actually... i'm still thinking about a 1 farad capacitor just to help make the bumps bump a little more.