1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Subtle Differences

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by wcatabay, Apr 28, 2007.

1. wcatabay

wcatabay Junior Member

My first post in almost a couple of years since our 2005 Prius. I made some changes to my wife's car to be different and we were happy! See Pics of Super White Prius........ So I pulled the trigger as I really like the Magnetic Grey color and picked up a 2007 Pkg #6 w/ Nav/Leather. I then found out about the Touring model and kicked myself in the butt. In any rate I like what I did and better; only 1576 miles and less then a month old and it looks fine!

The Pics don't do justice, you have see it live and folks really appreaciate that a Prius can be a Sporty Hot Rod ride.

- Clear bra
    - Tint all around including eyebrow
    - TRD Springs
    - Tom's upper and lower bar
    - Shark Fin
    - Large rear spoiler
    - Splash Guards
    - 15lbs Pacer Sport Forge Wheels (17 inch)
    - Falken 205/45/17 tires
    - other misc accessories inside car

Performance is awesome, nice and tight on the road and still rides smooth as silk. I have not completed my tank of gas since the upgrades and get ~45MPG so far. But who cares, I love the way it looks.....

Thanks to all in Prius chat for learning what you have done to Mod your car.

Attached Files:

2. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Badass-lookin' wheels, dude! I like 'em.

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Cool Wheels...

Question: Were you able to transfer your TPMS Sensors to the new rims? And... did you have to have your Toyota Dealer re-program to the Prius for the TPMS to work properly?

4. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Apr 28 2007, 11:35 AM) [snapback]431757[/snapback]</div>
    If the original TPMS sensors were transferred to the new wheels, why woud the Prius need to be re-programmed?

Also, there are some versions of TPMS sensors that do not need the Prius to be re-programmed.... I have 4 of them on my wheel/tire/sensor package that I got from Tirerack. When the wheels were mounted at the dealer, they were waiting for the TPMS error light to come on which would have required the tires to be removed from the wheels to get the serial numbers off the sensors. But no error light... so no need to program the new serial numbers.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  6. hwalker911

hwalker911 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow....very nice indeed