1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Subwoofer installation questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by prscht, Nov 6, 2010.

1. prscht

prscht Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I just got a Boss Bass600 subwoofer for my 07 without JBL/separate amplifier. The speaker input connector has L+, L-, R+, and R-, where should these go? is there a way to not reach back to the head unit for these connections?

Same question for the remote turn-on line, can it be connected somewhere closer to the passenger seat where the unit will be mounted? Thanks! I have not hooked up any audio equipment before. I can probably get all the connections directly from the back of the head unit but i would like to avoid taking off trim panels as much as possible.

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Dude, just run the Red & Black wires DIRECTLY to the battery! The sense can attach to any non powered wire when the car is shut off, the cigarette lighter + would work fine. Start from the left side PULL THE DASH APART...It is mosty clips, about 4 screws to deal wth, and that makes it EASY to get to the seaker wires! You can do it right, and be amazed at you success, or you can kluge it together, and be disgusted at the results!!! Do a SEARCH.there are several "How to do" threds on this specifc subject.
    Have fun!!!
    You can read this link to start!.

http://techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/chris-dragon-dash.pdf

Even though you have a 07, these instructions will work for you!!!

3. prscht

prscht Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK thanks.
    For those of you who have the Boss Bass600, what amp fuse did you put inline with the +12V battery power line? And is it ok using wire nuts to connect speaker and ground wires? Should the 2-channel sub be connected to the front or rear speaker? thanks again.

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine has a 10 amp fuse, and Wire Nuts, well NO, use a "Inline Splice", crimps are OK, and long as the proper crimp size is used. Here is a URL showing what I used..

These are easy to find, easy to use!!