1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Subwoofer wiring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by shaggy745, Aug 25, 2007.

1. shaggy745

shaggy745 New Member

Just finished my first week with my new 07 Touring beauty, and I love it! 5 times the mileage of the truck I ditched....and have been SO happy with how much useful information exists on this forum.

I have the "premium" JBL sound system and have been PROFOUNDLY disappointed by the sound quality. :angry: I've already disconnected the middle front speaker per recommendation on this forum, and it certainly helps...but it still sounds like mud. I ultimately would like to do the full overhaul with new speakers and amps but I know due to the JBL amps integration into Nav and bluetooth, this requires a lot of pricey outboard processing....so I'm starting with boosting the bass.

I have a self powered 6" Collins sub enclosure from my old truck that I want to put in the Prius to hopefully boost the low range but have a few questions.....

1. There is a molex connector on my sub, but no labels as to which pin/colored cable goes to what on the sub. Is there a standard formula or pattern for this? It was installed over 10 years ago and I have no documentation. I'm pretty handy with electronics and have all the requisite tools....and have installed new head units over the years, but never any more complicated wiring through the car.

2. Where do I go in my '07 to 1) pull signal for my sub and 2) to pull power.....and what are the cleanest cables runs to make? I figure that the best place for power would be the battery since it's in the truck already, but would like to have some information on where I should be looking for terminals etc before I go pulling everything apart. Is there a 12V acc lead back there as well for switching the amp on?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!