1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Success At Last! Finally a Prius 4 w/ Sunroof in Central Maryland!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mr.scott.com, Jun 30, 2009.

1. mr.scott.com

mr.scott.com New Member

:welcome:
    A surprise call this afternoon. Ray Alvarez at DarCars in Silver Spring called me about a ribbon blue w/ beige interior model 4 w/ sunroof at 3:30 PM that opened up at the last moment. He suggested getting there ASAP and when I got there at 4:30 I found that customers and other salespeople were circling it. If I didn't come when he suggested I'd be continuing my long wait.

Car was sold right at MSRP. No extras tied to the deal (several local dealers in MD added a bunch of unnecessary extras--usually $2,000-$2,500 worth) to increase their profit margin. The only additional thing I got was the 100,000 mile Plat. warranty at $1050.

I did all communication via e-mail, and put down a deposit on the phone, and didn't even have to visit the dealer until today, when I found me my new baby.

I rarely recommend a salesperson or a dealer, but after speaking with 10 dealers in Maryland I feel quite confident in recommending Ray to my new friends on PC. His contact info is Ray Alvarez, DARCARS Toyota of Silver Spring, Direct Line: (301) 917-5858.

As you can tell, I am a happy camper!! A very pleasant experience.:rockon::cheer2::rockon::cheer2::rockon::cheer2::rockon::cheer2:

1 person likes this.
  2. rcsting

rcsting Toyota Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congratulations on your new Prius, I have the exact same model and color combination. :thumb: Post pics soon.

3. 12parsecs

12parsecs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats!

4. wave_slider

wave_slider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Good for you Mr.Scott. Your efforts paid off. Congratulations, and happy hyper-miling!

5. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Congratulations - don't forget to post pics!! ;)

6. mr.scott.com

mr.scott.com New Member

Probably a dumb question, but why would my pics be different than yours if you have the same color combo.

7. mr.scott.com

mr.scott.com New Member

Is it me, or does anyone else feel like they are navigating in a cockpit when driving a loaded 2010 with a ton of buttons and lights?

I love it!

8. mr.scott.com

mr.scott.com New Member

Just a quick follow up--this car exceeds my high expectations. It rides wonderfully, and it quite quiet. In the last 3 days different passengers in the car asked my why I was driving 30 MPH in 55 MPH pr 65 MPH zones. I was actually going the speed limits (on cruise control) but the car is so smooth and quiet is feels and sounds like you are going much, much slower.

I could on and on, but I will spare folks. Toyota hit a home run w/ this model.

9. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Different picture taker -- different perspective, background, lighting, focus...? ;)