1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Success: Installed New Infinity Speakers Today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by IndyDoug, Oct 29, 2005.

1. IndyDoug

IndyDoug New Member

My new Infinity Kappa 62.7i speakers sound incredible in my non-JBL Prius. I had them installed today for the front doors by very competent techs at AudioVision in Indianapolis. I also had them install Dynamat around the speakers for improved noise reduction and dampening. The sound from the Infinity Kappa speakers is such an improvement over the stock speakers. I notice distinct instruments and vocals that were not there before.

Total time spent at AudioVision: 1.5 hours
    Total installation costs: $91.19

I plan on installing the Infinity Kappa speakers for the rear doors in the very near future. Although the sound quality is superior to the OEM factory-intalled stock speakers, a subwoofer with an external amp would be a good investment for even better sound.

I was a little nervous about having my Prius taken apart by strangers but I was very impressed with the professionalism and the knowledge by everyone at AudioVision. I will be back soon.

2. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't get it. Those are 2-way coaxial speakers, right? Do you still have the stock tweeters, or did you disconnect or replace them?

I'm not familiar with the non-JBL system, but in the JBL system, the stock tweeters are so bad that you definitely want to replace them, preferably with the tweeters from a pair of component speakers. So you wouldn't normally install coaxial 2-way speakers in the front doors - it just doesn't make sense.