1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Successful Bluetooth phone pairings with Navigation (Verizon only)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by indianagreg, Jul 31, 2009.

1. indianagreg

indianagreg Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This link lists a few "Verizon" phones that can successfully pair with the Navigation equipped Bluetooth system in the 2010 Prius.

1. MOTO VU204 (4) (5)
    2. Blackberry Storm (1) (3) (4) (6)
    3. LG Versa (4) (5) (6)
    4. LG VX8500 Chocolate (2) (3) (4) (5)
    5. MOTORAZR V3m (Silver, Pink or Gray) (2) (4) (5)
    6. Nokia 2605 Mirage (No functions work per LetsTalk.com, but phone is still listed!?!)
    7. Blackberry 8830 (1) (3) (4) (6) (7)
    Features Not Supported:

(1) Can't transfer single number phonebook entries to the handsfree system.
    (2) Can't transfer multiple phonebook entries to the handsfree system at once.
    (3) Phone's auto answer function doesn't work properly when connected to the handsfree system.
    (4) Handsfree system doesn't display the roaming status from the cellular network.
    (5) Calls placed from the phone's keypad aren't placed in handsfree mode.
    (6) Can't transfer single number phonebook entries that contain special characters to the system (p, w, etc.)
    (7) Can't transmit DTMF tones using a stored number from the handsfree system's phonebook with the tones heard through the vehicles audio system.

(The above information is from www.toyota.letstalk.com. I make no representations that the information is accurate. Use the information at you wish.)

Please check the link for features supported or not supported by a given phone.

Please add to this list if you've found other Verizon phones that do pair successfully. Also, please note any features which you know don't work.

Please do not list phones that don't work; sometimes others might find that they do pair with the right technique.

2. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    if you have a laptop with bluetooth, you can use that to transfer your files. I did, set it up as the streaming music device. When you are in the nav and it tells you operate your phone, use (Vista's) Bluetooth transfer wizard to send the file to the Prius

3. Yonessyo

Yonessyo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My MotoKrazr works to (they're similar to the motorrazr)

4. acnjfan

acnjfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I had a couple of issues with my Motorazr through T-Mobile, although I love the hands-free system. It definitely sounds better than even talking on the cell phone with it right at my ear. I can hear the caller clearly, they can hear me clearly, so I'm happy with that. The issue I have is setting up the phone book. As I have a British accent, the system doesn't understand me -- a little frustrating to be arguing with a machine than zero doesn't sound like number 4! I've basically resorted to placing the call with my cellphone and then picking it up with the system, but it's not ideal. I have no idea how to manually enter a number in the system's phonebook -- how would I enter the number? The station keys? There's no information in the driver's manual and definitely none in my cell phone manual. Other than that, I love my 2010, Pearl Blizzard Prius!

5. indianagreg

indianagreg Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A pity that you can't do an American accent! ;) All the years I've watched British comedies, movies, football (Manchester United, of course!:cheer2: ), and rugby, I can do a fairly good British accent, or two!

Good point though! I wonder how those in certain parts of the south and northeast fair with the voice recognition?

6. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Verizon LG Dare works with the nav bluetooth.

7. gil

gil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My wife's LG VX 8350 and my Blackberry Bold paired just fine, and the LG's phonebook transferred easily, a first for me.

8. rhodel

rhodel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hello all,

This is my first post to the Prius site, I've had my new car for two days now and so far it is a blast!!

I can not seem to get my LG Dare to place a BT, hands free call, after using the voice enter method of entering the phone number, confirming it is correct, and then "dialing" (both by the offswitch and the vocal "dial" command), I get the message that the phone is in use.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ray

9. rhodel

rhodel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I figured out what was going on, here is the post in case anyone else has the "can not complete call, phone is use" type message.

The problem was that my phone was "locked", the LG Dare has a sort of screen saver mode that after a period of inactivity is locks itself off. So the solution is to merely disable this feature.

Now I can place hands free calls with my phone.

I hope this helps somebody else.

Ray