1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Suggestion: a SINGLE "Got my '06" thread

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Jack 06, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    How about a single, Super "I Got My '06" thread?

I suggest it because so many of us will get 'em in Jan., especially the first 10 days (I think!) I'm already getting confused, when I look at Latest Topic Replies, which shows only the most recent poster, just with the bunch of folks who have taken delivery of '05s-'06s the last two weeks.

Pretty soon it'll be hard even to come up with original titles for individual "I got mine" threads, which is how I try to remember them now---e.g., "got my '06 today!", "pick up my '06 tonight", etc.

Of course, if you only use "View New Posts", no problemo---the FIRST time you see one. And, of course, everyone is entitled to his/her own thread---but many of them will have only a few responses.

If we did it, we'd have to be considerate not to get into off-the-wall, FHOP-type hijinks.

Danny might even see fit to pin it. Many other people will still be acquiring new Priuses for at least a couple of months.

Maybe I'm just showing my age. :blink:

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

>boot< what I get for 3 am threads :blink:

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We have an entire forum "Order Tracking" specifically intended for folks to post the stories of their ordering, wait issues, and then delivery of their Prius. I suggest everyone try to direct new folks to that forum for such.

I'm moving this to the web site questions forum.

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Yeah, but as you can see, people routinely post on the Main Forum when their car comes in. And those aren't moved to Order Tracking.

5. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You do have a good point there Jack -- and it is usually someone with their first or very few posts and they don't really understand the forum structure.

Moreover, we don't want to start correcting them and make them feel unwelcome.

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

I just checked several pages of the Main Forum, and there aren't as many "got my car"s as I thought. Maybe I didn't notice that some had been moved to Tracking.

Whatever. Just an idea. I don't usually go into Tracking.

7. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I like the idea of a single "I got mine" in the General Forum. I can remember when I was new...I didn't look at the "order tracking" stuff because it did not "seem" to apply. New people want to get right into it...not spend time understanding the "finer" points. I think a lot of newbies will be frustrated if we go the order tracking route. Just my .02 as a relative newbie...time wise that is.