1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Suggestions Needed: How to Plug or Cover Pre-Collision holes in Bumper

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by EV-ish, Mar 12, 2017.

1. EV-ish

EV-ish Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Hi All,

I bought a replacement bumper for my Prius V(agon) Base Model, and ended up receiving a bumper with holes for the pre-collision detection system that my car does not have. If I can plug or cover the holes in an aesthetically pleasing manner, I'll be able to use this bumper.

Any ideas ?

Thanks!

2. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Maybe some round trim fasteners would plug the holes but I don't know if they would hold paint. Maybe you could leave them black: Google

If I'm understanding what holes you are talking about, the ones in our 2012 Prius v/ATP are for the self-parking feature and not part of the Pre-Collision System.

3. EV-ish

EV-ish Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 12.53.05 PM.png

The hole behind the signal lights

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, those holes are for the ultrasonic sensors used in the parking and other related systems.
    There are many, many varieties of "hole plugs" available online. Check with a body shop or even your dealer, many of them should be paint-able. Since you're painting it anyway, the options are many.