1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sumer is icumen!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by silverfog, Feb 21, 2010.

1. silverfog

silverfog New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Couple of days of spring weather with daytime temperature moving from high 30's up to the low 60's -- and my mpg jumps from low 40's to low 50's.
    Seems to me that a plug-in Prius with the very humble objective of maintaining oil temperature would mean a huge increase in average year-round mpg, at least for those in northerly climes.
    Not that EPA seems to care about year-round averages.

2. LexVanDryver

LexVanDryver Pro-Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I totally agree, for many people their most regular journey is a short-ish commute during which the Hybrid Synergy Drive is starting cold, and warming up to an efficient temperature only when its too late, you are already at work !

If a future plug-in was sophisticated enough to an engine (or oil, or coolant ?) heater that could switch on at a user settable time.......?
    :)

Lex

3. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----

Low 60s, Brrrrrrrr; that would be a cold snap for us in S. California and might change opinions about whether global warming is a bad thing. I hope FEMA is ready in case it plunges into the 50s around here too. :eek:

4. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't wait for summer to see my MPG jump. I am still in the low 40s.