1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sumic gt a all season tires

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by nicoj36, Aug 17, 2016.

1. nicoj36

nicoj36 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Does anyone have these on their Prius? If so, how do you guys like it? How is the MPG and how does it perform in the snow? I looked at all different sizes on amazon and to my surprise, they all have five stars for the very cheap price. Nothing but good reviews for $50 a tire. I see reviews on quiet road noise and excellent performance, but I havent seen any reviews about mpg. I want to hear from fellow prius owners if any of you guys have these and how do you like it. Thanks...

2. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If they don't offer a LRR tire in their line up I would expect you would take a hit on the fuel mileage . This is do, in part to tire weight. Check the specs. On the tire you are considering and check out the weight. The stock Yokohama's were designed around the Prius platform and are very light (18 lbs). Other factors like more aggressive tread design can also contribute to a reduction in fuel consumption. On the other hand they are 1/2 the price of a premium tire. Cost is a factor to consider also.

3. magnumrtawd

magnumrtawd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have had these on my 2010.
    I have got 50 mpg once. But average 45 mpg.
    Rain traction not great but not terrible.
    Snow traction also not great but not terrible.
    The dealer put these on my 2010 and I have put 15k on them. They seem to be wearing well.
    I would like to try LLR tires but, For a 4 to 500 dollar investment not sure of the dollar return!
    I am retired and don't have to travel on bad snow days.