1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Summer Gas?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by hdrygas, Apr 19, 2005.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I filled up on Sunday and am working on the best tank I have had in months. Did the summer gas arrive in Washington?

2. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Wish something on the pumps indicated. I just fueled up yesterday at 267 miles 4.758 gals. Display showed 54.4 MPG. Kept my mouth shut, with difficulty, as the SUV on the other side of the pump filled. The grin on my face had to have said something!

Bob

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I can't get under 48 MPG these days; and given that I drive very early in the morning and late in the evening, and tend to do short trips, that's pretty good.

But I think this is just the beginning -- it's still dipping into the high 40s at night. When it doesn't get any cooler than the high 50s, I suspect we'll be seeing even better mileage.

(Which will be some solace to blistering hot days -- I'm a cool weather person.)

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    summer gas was supposed to start april 15th and since im sitting at 58.2 right now, i have to believe it to be true. i filled up on sunday. only have 150 miles on the tank so far...but will let you know how it goes.

already, many others are posting elsewhere here on their numbers...i can feel the excitement growing as the posts go from "my mileage is low and cold" to

"It was hot today, but not nearly as hot as the mileage im getting right now!!"

5. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm glad someone is getting good gas mileage; I can't seem to get over 49 mpg this tank, the third. My first fill up I was getting well over 57 mpg.

6. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

what brand of gas, this makes a difference also as some have been giving better mileage than others. If you buy from a low volume station they might still be using winter blend as they haven't recieved a shippment of summer blend yet. Try Chevron or Esso(Exxon?) your crappy E10 doesn't help either.