1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Summer Rain color rare?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by 4theFauna, Jul 5, 2012.

1. 4theFauna

4theFauna New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The dealership rep is telling me he can't find a Prius c in the Summer Rain color. Does anyone know why that might be? I'm waiting weeks to get a dark gray one. The gray is nice too, but I just need to understand because I had my heart set on Summer Rain.

2. Smurfsmon

Smurfsmon New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I saw a summer rain today.... Very pretty color ... I'm waiting on my orange... 3 weeks left

3. patjcoleman

patjcoleman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    It is a very rare car in the sense that a low percentage of the Prius inventory is built in this color... We have one in bound in the Summer Rain color and it is the 1st we will have seen in about 2 months.
    PC

4. caryanne

caryanne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    They're out there, your dealer might just be lazy. The first dealer I went to said Prius Cs are impossible to find, put down a deposit and we'll order one from Japan for you. When I said I was going to call around some more to try to find it, he tried to really push me to just buy the Summer Rain C3 that was on the lot, which had around 100mi on it from test drives. I didn't like those answers, so I called 20-30 dealerships, put deposit down at 3 of them, and got the Summer Rain C2 that I wanted within a week. I would call around and see what colors different dealers have coming in, they should know their inventory when the cars are still on the boat. If you find a dealership or two that sounds confident they can get it, put a refundable deposit down.