1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sunday, October 8 -- 1:00pm

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Proco, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The next meeting of New Jersey Prius Owners has been scheduled!! :D

Date: Sunday, 10/8 (Rain-date: Sunday, 10/15)
    Time: 1:00pm
    Place: Gateway National Recreation Area, Sandy Hook, NJ

At the suggestion of, well, pretty much everybody, I've come up with a date for our much-discussed group bike ride. I suggest we have our picnic first then whoever wants to saddle up for a ride can do so. That will give us some good socializing time. For the picnic, I think we should all just bring our own lunches, so we don't have to worry about who's bringing what.

We can meet in the parking lot at the entrance to Fort Hancock and have our picnic there. I'll send out directions as the day gets closer.

Hope to see you there!!
    Mike

2. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    GREAT IDEA!

I'll try to make it!

I'm taking Saturday off and sometimes it's hard for me to get both days off on the weekend- :D

3. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Sep 23 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]323917[/snapback]</div>

The 8th works for me! Sounds like fun!

I can bring the jazz! B)

4. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oh no - I have an adult education hike at Norvin Green scheduled that day! :(

5. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'll be there, without a bike. Probably a walk after the picnic lunch, tho, if other non-riders come.

6. robertm

robertm Junior Member

Unfortunately the annual Tour De Rutgers bike ride will be on that day. It is a very slow paced 13 mile ride around the New Brunswick campuses with a BBQ and party afterwords. It is a nice community building event which I attended last year and inspired me to do the 5-boro ride in NYC last May.

Rob

7. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  8. Lola&#39;05

Lola&#39;05 New Member

Looks like a great place for a meet. Hope you all enjoy it and that you have nice weather. Four hours of driving, pack my own lunch and a walk around the park- I don't own a bike. I don't think I will make this one.
    I will have to meet all of you when you schedule a meet a bit to the south.

9. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  10. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just wanted to bump this up to see if we're still on for Sunday. The weather looks like it's going to be good, but that can be pretty deceiving on the Hook. It's a peninsula, so the wind can be a little on the nasty side. If we don't have enough bikers, there's lots of other stuff to do ... Audubon Society, Sandy Hook Light (the oldest working lighthouse in the country), Fort Hancock historical buildings, etc.

Weather report for Atlantic Highlands (the closest town): http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/...eekend/USNJ0017

Post here or PM me to confirm if you're coming.

Thanks!
    Mike

11. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Oct 5 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]328386[/snapback]</div>

:(

I can't attend. My son has an afternoon commitment that translates to I'm on chauffeur duty :)

And i was going to drag him with me. Oh well.

Have fun without me.

12. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Oct 5 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]328386[/snapback]</div>
    I'm going to cancel this one. The best case is only 3 of us, with one not biking. Besides, as I mentioned above, the wind can be nasty on the Hook. If it's not warm, it cuts like a knife. If we want to get together at Sandy Hook, we can give it another try when the weather gets warmer.

If you can, try to make Rand's meet in Fairfield on Saturday the 14th. ----> http://priuschat.com/Saturday-October-14th...-NJ-t24647.html

Mike