1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sunglasses Compartment Jammed?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by DontWaterThePrius, Jan 9, 2024.

1. DontWaterThePrius

DontWaterThePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Does anyone know how to fix a sunglasses compartment? It used to stick a lot, but now it won't open. To my knowledge there's nothing in there but a glasses cloth. There doesn't seem to be any external buttons or other ways of troubleshooting

2. JohnPrius21

JohnPrius21 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    The cloth is probably jamming it, happened to me. Try unlocking it as usual and then press on the opposite side of where you unlock it, towards the front of the car. Repeat a few times. That should give you leverage to open it.

Doug McC likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    tip of a knife blade at the mechanism?

4. sylvaing

sylvaing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If that doesn't work, a sledge hammer will :D

Doug McC likes this.
  5. Prius18_newOwner

Prius18_newOwner New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    I've had pretty much the same issue with the sun glasses holder (2018 prius two eco here, got it used). The darn thing would open fine 2/10 times. every other time it would just refuse to open down. Generally grap the opening with my finger nail and give it a good tug for it to open.

Haven't gotten around to actually figuring out a solution, seems to be something to do with the latching mechanism working to well?? No idea honestly.

Oh and to stay on topic, would try leveraging it open using a screw driver at the spot we press to open, but not too rough.