1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SunShield

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by SageBrush, Aug 26, 2013.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I'm forever not quite satisfied with sunshield options -- mostly because I am just too damned picky. I want
    • Low Price
    • Full Windshield coverage
    • Easy use and storage
    Oddly enough, I found a product at Walmart that comes close. I think it is made by 'auto expressions.' Size JS is 31*36 inches, it is sold as a 2 piece product. As you can see in the pictures, each piece fits under the mirror for easy install, and the corners match the windshield quite nicely. When fit snugly to the bottom, about 4 inches of glass are uncovered at the top, but that matches the strip of tint allowed by most states.

SunShield.jpeg .

Storage is easy, once I realized that folding a figure -8 twisting motion is needed.

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a set of the sunshields very similar to the one that you show above. They are quick to install and easy to remove and store. The problem is that they do not cover the entire windshield of my car.

I have a full sunshield that I purchased from PriusChat when Ifirst bought my car. I have taken this one back out and am trying this one again to see how much difference the full coverage will make.