1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Super Bowl XLVI Ads

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by zenMachine, Feb 7, 2012.

1. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Some of this year's ads are causing quite a stir, especially those from car companies. Like the Silverado ad slamming Ford trucks. Or the Chrysler ad with Clint Eastwood.

2. Yogi56

Yogi56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The "experts" are calling this one of the worst years ever. People in Fords dying, mountain lions attacking people, etc. easier than being creative I guess. The Chevy commercial with the musical tunnel was pointless, didn't make me like the car and sounded like crap and I couldnt tell you the name of the car for a million dollars. All I could think of was what a waste of time and money. Similar to when Infiniti and Lexus rolled out. Nissan showed trees and scenery while Lexus sold the car and quality. Lexus has never looked back.

3. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I saw about an hour total, so may have missed the best. I did laugh out loud at the Doritos advert with the dog buying the fellow's silence with chips.

4. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've met Jay Leno but never Jerry Seinfeld, needless to say the Acura ad was my favorite. I'm old enough to remember the NSX when it first came out, it was dubbed the 'Ferrari killer' and the 'only supercar you can drive everyday' The ad was funny, clever and over the top, that's the recipe for the perfect superbowl ad.

Its sad to see one american automaker bashing another, but if negative ads work in politics then you gotta do whacha gotta do. All in all I agree the ads were horrible.

5. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    http://content.usatoday.com/communi...eastwood-i-am-not-affiliated-with-mr-obama-/1

"I am certainly not politically affiliated with Mr. Obama," Eastwood told Fox News Channel. "I am not supporting any politician at this time."

"There is no spin in that ad. On this I am certain," Eastwood told The O'Reilly Factor producer Ron Mitchell. "It was meant to be a message about job growth and the spirit of America. I think all politicians will agree with it. ... If Obama or any other politician wants to run with the spirit of that ad, go for it."

Eastwood also said he donated his pay for the ad to charity.