1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Super White Prius w/ Stock Chrome Rims?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by JACPOT, Jan 3, 2007.

1. JACPOT

JACPOT New Member

I'm thinking about buying a set of the stock 15" rims chromed on eBay for my 05 Super White Prius since I need to change my cr@p stock tires (will upgrade tire size to 205/16/15 once I decide if I want to go chrome or not -- Thanks to all who've given their thoughts on the tire upgrades btw, I couldn't have decided w/o all the knowledge I got researching PriusChat!)... I haven't seen any other White Prius with this setup (actually hardly any in the Bay Area w/ Chrome regardless of car color)... Does anyone have any pictures of this set up? My Prius is otherwise completely stock... opinions?? Can anyone help this newbie out?!! :D

2. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jaclyn @ Jan 3 2007, 03:35 AM) [snapback]369961[/snapback]</div>
    Plenty of options out there for chrome wheels if that is what you want especially if you are going to replace tires too. Go to TireRack.com and you can shop for wheels and tires to get an idea. Also you can check wheel weight if you are concerned about remaining light weight. Good luck-

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd stay with the stock wheels and the stock finish. Cheaper, easier to fly under the radar...and you already have them!

If you do want chrome wheels, I'd consider having the work done yourself, at a shop you're familiar with (or at least can check the quality of their work).

In my opinion, you might consider spending the money on the suspension instead; then, even the stock tires will work better.

4. JACPOT

JACPOT New Member

Hi cairo & Pinto Girl,
    Thanks for your input. I actually did some more thinking and I'm going to stick w/ the stock wheels for now w/ the new tires and look into the suspension upgrade. I'm tired of it scraping at not very high speeds sometimes, so I agree that it would be money better spent! I'll have to go read up on the threads for suspension, I saw Pinto Girl has the setup and it sounds like a winner. Thanks again all!