1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Super White w/Gray, BC, ordered Sept. 3, 2003, Carson Toyota

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Astroprius, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Astroprius

Astroprius New Member

Date Ordered: September 3, 2003
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Carson Toyota, Carson/CA
    Timeframe given for delivery: December 2003, if I were lucky.
    Color: Super White w/ Gray interior
    Option Package: BC
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: Don't have a clue :cry:

2. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Sam, you have 9 people ahead of you for a white car (but some will accept other colors) -- having only one color choice/ with only one interior choice sure narrows your chances! I never try and talk anyone out of their color choice, but it's sometimes the cause of a loooong wait.

Dianne

3. jaa

jaa Junior Member

Sam, That's exactly what we want and Dianne told us there were 9 buyers ahead of us and we ordered October 24, 2003. I guess we're farther down her list then we have been led to believe. We don't want to compromise on color or options either. Original time frame mentioned December, January, or February. (Not going to happen) We're holding out as long as our 92 Voyager with 214,000 continues to run. We wouldn't consider buying from anyone else but Dianne. A reputable dealer is hard to find. We brought a double cab Tacoma from Dianne and enjoyed the buying experience. We don't blame Dianne, she didn't know. We do blame Toyota for not following usual protocol for ordering and now not fixing the problem. Toyota believes that spring deliveries will be the fix. We're not so sure so time will tell. julie

4. Dianne

Dianne New Member

In the meantime, as folks wait longer and longer, they add color choices. If you are in a certain place and add, let's say, SILVER to your list, then the guy I told yesterday that he was in 40th place for a silver car is now in 41st place. Do I have the time to call everyone and let them know every single time their place changes? No. The chips continue to fall where they fall and the list morphs and moves and shimmies the way it does. And, Julie... you too are open to tan interior and not just gray like Sam is... so you two CAN both be in 9th place for what you seek based on interior color being open for you and not open for him.

Dianne

5. Astroprius

Astroprius New Member

I didn't mean to imply that Dianne is at fault. She's been great and I understand her dilemma. I've tried not to add to her misery. This really has been a test of my loyalty for Toyota's products. Fortunately, I'm not in "need" of a new vehicle. Knock on wood.

6. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Hi Sam!
    Yah, I do not take this personally anymore. It's just nuts but it's OK. :> Honest!

7. Astroprius

Astroprius New Member

:D :p :D

Got my Super White BC with gray interior tonight! Got it from a local dealership which cost about $2000 more than what I would have got from Dianne, but the wait was killing me. Total wait time (pre-order to delivery) was 170 days. All of that is irrelevant now.

Sam :D

8. jaa

jaa Junior Member

Congrats!!!
    jaa