1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Support for 123 conversion??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SteveWlf, Feb 17, 2014.

1. SteveWlf

SteveWlf Old-on-Hold

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A friend of a friend has had his 123 conversion, lithium ion, for a few years and was offering it for sale since he now has a Volt. The 123 conversion was working fine until recently but appears not to be charging now.
    The installer in Seattle area no longer has any techs left that can work in it.

His asking price is a good deal for just the Prius alone, without the conversion. My son might be interested in it with or without the conversion but I'm wondering where current owners are going for tech support since these systems seem to be "Turn Key" systems with no installation documentation. If this is just a charger problem, it is difficult to determine this without knowing what the 123 system is using.

Where else should someone check for info or service on this car. Or even the complete removal of the system, if it isn't going to be supported.

Steve

2. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am helping people as needed. But overall there are not a lot of things you'll be able to do in the field if repairs are needed.

3. SteveWlf

SteveWlf Old-on-Hold

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the offer. I recognize attempting to keep this car as converted might be a fools mission. What I'm hoping to determine the extent of the Prius system that might have been altered in the previous conversion.
    My son is primarily interested in the Prius for the price offered and I will salvage what I can by removing the old system if it is beyond future use.

I did my own Plug-in Supply conversion but realize this system is going to be a bit different. If I remember correctly there is a couple YouTube videos on this system and I may look there for some info.

Thanks,
    Steve