1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Suppressed Dept of Energy report on peak oil now available

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by richard schumacher, Aug 2, 2005.

1. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. wstander

wstander New Member

Nowhere did I note where it said anything about the ever-tightening restrictions on exporation/exploitation of oil-fields, only the outlook for 'life as we know it' scenarios.

I suspect that when I die in 30 years, my remains will be incinerated via natural gas and transported to the crypt in a partially petrol propelled vehicle. Gas will, of course, cost $12/ounce, but fuel-cells and hydrogen power will have made only small inroads into commercial intra-city transportation.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Has anyone seen the Simpsons episode where Dr. Freik (sp?) shows Bart and Lisa the future?
    In it, Bart is at Mr. Burns' house and asks for a diamond the size of his head as a reward. Mr Burns says, "No can do; I'm having it retromorphed into coal, a much more valuable stone." Something like that.

Took a half sec to catch on that it was a poke at the depleting fossil fuel reserves.

4. kirbinster

kirbinster Member

Just saw that one - funny!