1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Supreme Court favorability drops sharply

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dragonfly, Aug 2, 2007.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

"Views of the Supreme Court dropped sharply in a six-month period that included decisions that upheld abortion restrictions, struck down school integration plans and chided inaction on global warming, according to a poll Thursday.

Fifty-seven percent view the court favorably, the poll by the Pew Research Center found. The number was the lowest for the court in the survey in two years and down from 72 percent in January."

More

57% still view the SC favorably, but the trend is on a sharp downward swing. Time will tell how this settles out.

2. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For better or worse, it seems to me that public opinion and the Supreme Court have nothing to do with each other.

And I'll stand by this assertion, whether or not public opinion happens to support my specific beliefs at a given moment.

If anything, it's a reflection on Mr. Bush's choice of justices; the possibility that the court was "stacked."

3. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You get what you pay for !!! :huh: