1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Suprnova.org Down, Need P2P Help.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TimeFor, Jan 3, 2005.

1. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

I go the New York for a week and when I came back everything went to hell. Suprnova.org closed. So long to reliable downloads of Music, Movies, and Software.

I have Kazza Resurrection but its too overwhelmed by the RIAA. ½ the music on there doesn’t play. I know IRC is good for some things but it sucks for Music. Its too hard to search for individual songs and I hate the que lines. I don’t want to download whole CDs. I want a p2p network for music that actually works. I figure you guys must be up on technology… What do you use?

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have used iMesh in the past.

Oh wait. No I haven't! I mean, I heard once on a radio show about someone who used iMesh. I, of course, wouldn't ever go near it because, of course, sharing copyrighted files is wrong, wrong, just plain wrong.

But had I tried iMesh, I'd probably have liked it.

3. prius04

prius04 New Member

Suprnova.org is gone but bittorent isn't.

Just put the name of what you want combined with the word bittorent into google and see what happens.

Try it over and over with different names and you should find some new bittorent hosts.

There may not be 2 t's in bittorent. But google will let you know.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny\";p=\"61295)</div>
    Danny,
    Please tell us you are not using the same computers you admin PriusChat with for this sordid traffic. I’d hate to see PriusChat vanish when the man in the suit comes and takes your computer . . . and then goes and pulls the blade out of the rack too.

Me personally, I like Tower Records and the clear moral righteousness. If you can’t trust someone to do the right thing all of the time, neither can you trust them to do the right thing when it really counts.

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy\";p=\"61312)</div>
    Danny,
    Please tell us you are not using the same computers you admin PriusChat with for this sordid traffic. I’d hate to see PriusChat vanish when the man in the suit comes and takes your computer . . . and then goes and pulls the blade out of the rack too.

Me personally, I like Tower Records and the clear moral righteousness. If you can’t trust someone to do the right thing all of the time, neither can you trust them to do the right thing when it really counts.[/b][/quote]

I actually only use bittorrent to catch up on tv shows that I forget to dvr or simply miss. I don't think there's any legal or moral dilemma in downloading shows for my personal use that have been publicly broadcasted and I've missed. But that's just my opinion.

7. prius04

prius04 New Member

A few weeks ago, I couldn't get my VCR to work. (Remember those?)

My daughter called because she was going to a play and she asked if I would tape it.

So instead I used bittorent. I got it the next day and sent it to her, commercials and all.

Now how can that be any different from taping it on the VCR?

(By the way, there remains controversy in the music industry on this file sharing. Currently there are sides being formed between the industry as it has always been on one side and on the other side are many artists. Many artists love file sharing and promote it and many do not. The richer artists tend to side with industry and want it stopped. Poorer artists tend to like it and depend on it to get their music out. So the issue isn't strictly yes or no on file sharing, it's more on how you got the music -- or video -- and what you plan to do with it.

For example, if I own a Beatles album and want the music on my mp3 player, it's perfectly legal for me to rip it and transfer it. Now how is that different from downloading the MP3 instead? Of course, if you download something you DON'T already own, that's theft. But the theft is not in the downloading itself.)

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced