1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Surprise surprise. Bush cuts funding on geothermal research...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Mar 17, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Half a trillion on a war of choice. No problem.

Research to tap 100,000 MW? Shove it!

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNew...345946920070313

"New geothermal power projects by 2050 could provide 100,000 megawatts of electricity -- enough to power about 80 million U.S. homes, or as much as U.S. nuclear power plants make today, the MIT study said."

What?!? Who's making these claims? Scientists? If it's not in the bible, it's just BS.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was running on a treadmill when I saw a tv news article indicating the Bush was increasing the funding to NASA. I just about fell off I was laughing so hard.

I knew this day would come so when this news came out years ago, I bookmarked the pages. I burned them to PDF to share with you all. . .

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My question: 100 years from now, will history book cover the Bush administration in one chapter, or will they break it down into two: "George W. Bush's domestic mistakes" and "George W. Bush's international mistakes"?

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Mar 17 2007, 09:29 PM) [snapback]407681[/snapback]</div>
    LOL.

For a minute there I was thinking volume 1 on Domestic Mistakes and volume 2 on Foreign Mistakes.

And a thin pamphlet on "The Uniter".

And it won't take 100 years. 18 months on the outside.

5. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    2008's not that far away, the next stooge can change it all around again.. Whats that saying? You can make everyone happy all the time , but you can make some happy some of the time..? :rolleyes: :huh: :mellow:

6. JamieS

JamieS New Member

I'd love to go into the future and see what Bush gets in a history book. Love it.

Actually, I want to see what they'll put about Clinton too. That'll be interesting to euphemize.

7. jewelerdave

jewelerdave New Member

Sadly in the history books no matter how bad a president was the history books usually only paint a good picture of said president.

I hate to say it but Bush will probably be remembered most for Ushering in a new era of green technology and be remembered as the president who kicked off energy independence if it happens....or the one who tried.

Also one must keep in mind that most publishers who make history books make changes depending on where they are to be used. Hence why the US has many different history's.

think of it this way...what kind of books is going to be written 50 or 100 years from now if they use Fox news reports for reference...

More scary yet. How much of our past is screwed up because we cant actually see the past for what happened then.

Everyone puts a skew to things.