1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Surprising how many willing to waive Tax Credit.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 9G-man, Nov 30, 2005.

1. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Is it new car fever or AMT. Really?

2. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

I've also been surprised.
    I was ready to get an '05 back in August but dediced it was worth it to wait.
    I have no AMT issue, however.

3. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

I think that this is more new car fever or simple need, and to a lesser extent AMT. I know the person at the dealer at the same time of me wanted first available and stated he did not care about the year, package or tax credit, he needed another car and wanted another prius so he would go with watever was first. (although after speaking with him and taking into cosideration the area I live in AMT may also have been a factor).

just my thoughts,

4. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

I needed a second car for my wife.
    I did the math and figured that, for the tax credit difference, I could actually rent a car for the interim and still come out ahead.
    Instead, I put an old beater back into service for cheap.
    I'm getting the car and trim I want in January and the tax benefits as well.
    (It is hard waiting but I am a grown up. :p )

5. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Definitely AMT for us. We're getting two cars and will reach AMT using only one credit. If we can get an '06 this Decmeber we'll take it.

6. ThunderJon

ThunderJon New Member

Well I'll be cut close, I'm 20 down the list for my options... so if it takes to January, then the IRS is more than happy to waive my credit.

7. mchinta

mchinta New Member

I am buying this on behalf of my company so I can't declare it as a tax relief when I do that because it is not on my personal taxes. So I am buying it ASAP and not waiting for Jan 1st for the tax credits to kick in.