1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Survey: How many Prii are owned in CARB States?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by wjtracy, Apr 28, 2016.

Tags:
?
  1. Prius owned in Extended CARB state (CA/MD/NY/NJ/RI/VT/MA/CT/ME/OR*)

50.0%
  2. Prius owned in Standard CARB state (PA/WA/DE)

18.8%
  3. Prius owned in USA but not in a CARB State

31.3%
  4. Prius owned but not in USA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Own more than one Prius in Extended CARB state

12.5%
  6. Own more than one Prius in Standard CARB state

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Own more than one Prius in USA non-CARB state

6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll start this survey here and the Mods can move it if so desired.

Here is a simple survey trying to look at how many Prii are owned in US CARB states?
    • The 10 so-called Extended CARB states are CA/MD/RI/ME/NJ/NY/CT/MA/VT/OR* where OR is not exactly same status, but these states all extend the hybrid battery warranty out to 10-yrs and 150,000 miles
    • The 3 so-called Standard CARB states are DE/PA/WA and these states only get the standard 8-yr 100,000 mile warranty on the hybrid battery.
    • New Mexico residents - hang on until we figure out if NM status has changed in 2016
    >>Your response should be based on the state where your Prii are owned/registered, and if you own more than one Prius, please indicate that in the appropriate response box. This is for currently owned Prius, forget about the ones you formerly had.

The purpose of the survey is just general interest since HV Battery management is an important topic on Prius Chat, this gives us some background. Follow-up survey planned to define % Prii using EPA reformulated gasoline.

Here is our "master thread" on CARB states listing as we currently understand it here.
    The 2014 list of CARB States in the US | PriusChat

#1 wjtracy, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is the Prius 2016 Warranty Guide, which I like to check for any changes in CARB policy:
    http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/omms-s/T-MMS-Prius/pdf/2016PriusWSG.pdf
    And the Toyota policy looks mostly the same to me as far as I can see (page 24 box):

Implication is 2016 buyers living in CARB states you want to make sure you retain your CARB status - gotta buy it in a CARB state, as we understand Toyota policy.

I suppose if you got $1000 cheaper in a non-CARB state, that might be worth it. But just be aware, if you want to retain the CARB extended warranty, Toyota has some rules.

#2 wjtracy, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    is that how many prius have you owned, or how many do you currently own?

4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Currently owned...thanks

bisco likes this.