1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Survey says: luxury car?...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mikepaul, Sep 21, 2004.

1. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So I fill out surveys and occasionally test stuff, and tonight it's:
    Didn't know I'd already joined the luxury crowd. Missed the orientation sessions... :mrgreen:

2. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

that had to come from somewhere in 'middle america'... around here people spend more than that on cars for their kids! (i'm ashamed to say)

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I paid $24,353 for my pgk "AM" ('04#7) and I definitely consider it to be a luxury car. My last car was a Civic (I was poor back then) and before that a Jeep. And I can tell anyone who wants to listen: The Prius is a luxury car!

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i agree with daniel. my Prius is by far the best car ive ever had. i had a datsun 280ZX turbo which was ok... but not worth the money when you get down to it, plus it was nowhere near as nice as the Prius. sure it was quick, had t-top... but was a 2½ seater... and had one of the most finickiest fuel injection systems ever.

5. flyingprius

flyingprius New Member

In my opinion, a luxury car is about stunning beauty, uncompromised performance, first-class comfort, exhilerating power, outrageous creature comforts and of displaying your financial status.

I wouldn't say that the Prius is a luxury car; however, I believe that the Prius is a revolutionary car. Revolutionary in that is helping to change how the world views basic transportation; Prius is showing the world's community(especially America's) that the environment must be respected and cared for. I find that undeniably more exhilerating and stunning than a V-8 or a 45-way power seat.

:D

6. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

The Prius is a luxury car if it's the most luxurious car you've owned. :roll:

7. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That makes the Prius a luxury car to me. Except the part about displaying financial status. It's hardly expensive enough for that.

8. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

my first car was 38K out the door, so I fell 2K under the Luxury mark. :D good thing too because here in CA, they tax you for it.

PS, I would love to have a 45-way power seat. :mrgreen: That seat would have to be so nice. The 545i has a 18 way seat witch is the most comfortable seat I've ever sat in. The headrest adjusts 4 ways and has a pillow for your neck!

9. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I must be Japanese-size. The seat fits me fine. I could do with a bit more lumbar support for trips longer than 2 or 3 hours, though.