1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Suspension? trd or what?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by JaviNOS, Apr 9, 2007.

1. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hey guys... im modding my prius with a few things to make it look and feel better..
    I'm really into cars with suspension... but I'm a little unsure about which suspension to choose. Sigma offers a few different sets... and then there is TRD Sportivo... the price is kinda out there. I used to have a Corolla with TRD suspension and it felt great...

wanted to know if you guys recommend the TRD kit or any other?

2. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have the TRD kit and I love it. I am never going back to the stock suspension again! I didn't really look at anything else since there wasn't as much out there at the time. On Sigma, it seems that TRD is the only one that offers a spring and shock set, though. The rest of the suspension stuff just looks like springs. I'm not certain on what these springs mean to do, like lower the car or handling, but with the TRD kit, the shocks and springs are a perfect match.

3. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Apr 10 2007, 12:20 AM) [snapback]420624[/snapback]</div>

Sorry I ask so much...
    I know there is some stiffness involved but is it uncomfortable on anyway? Do you feel it lowered enough the car that people can tell u have suspension?... no question on handling TRD always works fine on that.

4. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, it is stiffer than stock, but it's not harsh. You'll feel bumps more, but the ride is still very comfortable. The car is noticeably lower, but probably not to the average person. The service tech at the dealership noticed right away. I definitely like the lowered look.

5. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the TRD suspension as well as Ray's Gram Light 17" wheels on my car. I think the set-up is perfect. The car is probably 3/4" lower than stock and has a nice firm, but not harsh ride. The car has that "something is different but I can't quite put my finger on it" look. I recently followed my Prius while a friend drove it and I shuttled another car home and I have to say the Prius looked terrific going down the road. No bounce like you might get with just a set of lowering springs. I also liked the fact the TRD stuff is Toyota stuff so no worried there. Good luck.

6. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ok, then I think I will go for the TRD kit... I'm not ready to gamble with any other... plus I also had very good experience with TRD on my previous toyota. Thank you!

7. philmcneal

philmcneal Taxi!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    how long did it take you guys to install the TRD set? what would labor charge?

so how much lower is the car from stock? i wonder if its low enough to warrent areo improvements