1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SW controls: where's a wiki for a community table of HU supports?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MrPete, Dec 8, 2011.

1. MrPete

MrPete Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've just finished installing my Sony 660BT Head Unit.

One of the surprises is discovering which HU controls are actually controlled by the various Steering Wheel Control (SWC) signals.

I would like to begin a community resource, ideally on a PriusChat Wiki, with a table for each brand/type of Head Unit showing what each control signal actually does.

(I would also like to learn from any other Sony owner if they have found a way to configure SWC buttons to handle BT phone in any way.)

Anyone have any ideas where we can place this kind of info? Below is some beginning info for my own unit.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    0 HU: Sony 660BT SWC Interface: Metra ASWC
    1 Default buttons: 2 1 // 5 // 4 3
    2 SWC Item:Signal HU Control Meaning[/B]
    3 1: Volume Up Volume Up
    4 2: Volume Down Volume Down
    5 3: Seek Up/Next Seek Up/Next
    6 4: Seek Dn/Prev Seek Dn/Prev
    7 5: Source/Mode Source/Mode
    8 6: Mute ???
    9 7: Preset Up ???
    10 8: Preset Dn ???
    11 9: Power Toggle ???
    12 10: Band Tuner: Band others: N/A
    13 11: Play/Enter ???
    14 12: Push To Talk ???
    15 13: Phone On Hook Short: Audio Off; Long: Power Off
    16 14: Phone Off Hook (Nothing found yet)
    17 15: Fan Up ???
    18 16: Fan Dn ???
    19 17: Temp Up ???
    20 18: Temp Dn ???

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't know anything about these aftermarket head units or SWC but if it's Prius related, how about adding it to Prius Wiki? I'm assuming you're referring to the buttons/controls on the steering wheel and thus these tables would only be applicable to the Prius' steering wheel and a table for a random Nissan would be different, right?

Pakitt started the above Wikia and it seems he/we have been almost totally unsuccessful in getting people to contribute. I'd rather not put stuff on the Prius Wikipedia entry as it's already screwed up by some "genius" that decided to call the models XW10, XW20, etc. even though Toyota has NEVER referred to them by that. Don't have the time or inclination to fight that battle and deal w/all the edits that would need to be made, etc.

1 person likes this.
  3. MrPete

MrPete Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, Cwerdna! It's done.