1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Swagman XC 2-Bike Rack on Curt 11468 Hitch

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by michaelsuntree, May 5, 2007.

1. michaelsuntree

michaelsuntree New Member

Thanks to the great advice I found on PriusChat.com we decided to install a tow hitch on our newly acquired 2005 Prius rather than get new clips for our existing Yakima roof rack. We were not concerned so much with the decrease in mpg for a bicycle roof rack than that it is a long way up for my wife to load the bikes on to the rather tall Prius. We have a Curt 11468 tow hitch on order. Posts to PriusChat persuades me that it was superior to the Coastal hitch. Thanks also to the posters who warned against the old Curt 11470 rack that caused exhaust deflection and melted plastic problems.

After examining photos and reviews of available hitch racks I have tentatively decided on a Swagman XC two-bike rack to fit the Curt's 1.25" receiver. My only concern is that the rack looks as if it might ride too low to the ground and bottom out on some steep driveway entrances. Has anyone had any experience, either successful or unsuccessful, with this rack?

Michael Suntree