1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Swapping Horns

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ibmindless, Sep 14, 2007.

1. ibmindless

ibmindless Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So, I acquired a pair of used Camry horns (2005?). I thought I might save myself a little labor and asked for an estimate at Bob Bridge Toyota (Renton, WA) while I was in for an oil change (they didn't overfill!). They acted quite shocked that I wanted to swap out the Prius horns, then started muttering things about whether the resistance would match or not. In no time at all, they concluded that they could probably do the job, but would have to check compatibility/resistance --- therefore, "... it should only take an hour or two; probably run ya about $150 - $200."

I said, "Gee, that's funny. It's supposed to be a 25 - 30 minute job, but you can do it in 2 hours?!"

I walked out. That was my first visit there --- GUESS WHERE I WILL NEVER GO TO FOR SERVICE AGAIN.

2. tballx

tballx New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ibmindless @ Sep 13 2007, 11:06 PM) [snapback]512371[/snapback]</div>
    Wow. Bummer. That's where I bought my car and had pretty good service. Guess I won't be going back for repairs.

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's just a pair of horns!! Resistance? What are they on? The horn is controlled by an on off switch and most likely a relay.
    I use Stebel Horns, the Magnums are very loud!!