1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sweden

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by hasseman, Feb 24, 2008.

1. hasseman

hasseman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I am Hasse from Sweden. I just ordered a Prius Business Edition which will arrive in a month or two.

I was wondering if the were diffrent specs for Swedish Prius and for the US Prius?

I saw this page about a "Lockpic" which will unlock some features. Have anyobe tried this?:
    LOCKPICK 3

It started with that I wanted an interface to my Ipod and fount this page. The lockpic above together with the Ultimate Ipod Interface looks really good:
    ULTIMATE IPOD

Anyone tried? Was it easy to install? Is it working good?

That was all for me now. Thanks for a good forum about Prius.

Hasse

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome to Prius Chat. There are some differences between the U.S. and European versions of the Prius, but there are other members who can better answer your questions, so I will defer to them.

Tom

3. hasseman

hasseman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks Tom.

/Hasse

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome to Priuschat and congrats on the new car. :welcome:

Take pictures when you get it.:photo:

5. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Before you buy anything from Coastal, you might do a little searching to get a sense of their customer service record. Lots of reports in the forums of poor or totally non-existent service.

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, Hasse! Be sure and check out the International Owners Forum.

The main differences between a North American Prius and one from Europe is you don't get an insulated "thermos" bottle that stores hot coolant when the engine shuts off, nor do you get a fuel tank with a rubber bladder inside which actually holds the gasoline.

Other differences are minor, such as your thermometer reading in °C and not °F, the odometer measuring kilometers, etc. I think tires and wheels differ too. You also don't have to change your engine oil as often as we do.

Let us know when you get your car, and do take pictures!

7. hasseman

hasseman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thank you all. I will look for alternatives on IPod solutions and I will take a picture when it arrives :)

/Hasse

8. eurosteve

eurosteve Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Other differences between European vs US spec Prius that I remember reading about on this website include rear disk brakes (instead of drum brakes in U.S.) and the presence of an EV button in Europe that allows greater use of the car in all electric mode.

9. Hara

Hara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ..and last but not least. We get adjustable drivers seat in Europe! :D

Sometimes I wonder what is the sense with manufacturers to have these minor differences worldwide. There has to be some sensible reason, they are not stupid (well, they shouldn't anyways)

10. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It really is kind of stupid, some of it has to do with import restrictions, government safety requirements, and some is just plain manufacturing stupidity, trying to get away with saving a little money, but pissing off customers instead.