1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Swedes break green car record

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by hb06, Jan 3, 2007.

1. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    "If the Swedes can do it, why can't we? "Sales of environmentally-friendlier cars such as hybrids and ethanol-powered vehicles has increased by 156 percent in Sweden in 2006. According to new figures from Swedish car industry organization Bil Sweden, 36,611 greener cars were registered in 2006, accounting for 13.5 percent of all private cars registered." That's better than one out of eight new cars sold in Sweden, compared to just a few percentage points of auto sales in the U.S. ...

http://www.thelocal.se/5964/20070102/

2. swepri

swepri New Member

One reason for the sales boost was the toll road experiment in Stockholm during 2006. No fee for green cars.

Prius is popular, but more ethanol cars are sold here. But the government has adjusted the fuel taxes so ethanol isn't cheap anymore.

/ Paj

3. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swepri @ Jan 10 2007, 11:35 AM) [snapback]373618[/snapback]</div>
    It's a shame Ford is not using Volvo's hybrid tech more, and GM is not using Saab's at all.

4. Tenebre

Tenebre Custom User Title

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swepri @ Jan 10 2007, 07:35 PM) [snapback]373618[/snapback]</div>

Today the official decision has been made to make the congestion fee permanent. The whole thing gets started again on august 1:st this year. Just like during the testing phase, cars classed as environmentally friendly will not have to pay the fee.

Prepare for a green car shortage in Sweden once again.

Other benefits of owning a "green" car are: lower vehicle tax, free parking in many cities and some banks offer lower interest rates when taking out a carloan. Here in Stockholm I get free residential parking in the zone I live in (in my case, the zone is the entire southern island of Stockholm city).

I didn't get my Prius for the benefits, I would have saved more money keeping the old car.

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the Swedish road administration's page regarding the congestion tax in Stockholm:

http://www.vv.se/templates/page3____17154.aspx
    (it's in English)