1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sweet Hummer revenge

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bcool, Nov 15, 2004.

1. bcool

bcool New Member

Anybody see the new Hummer commercial where the car morphs into shapes like a kaleidoscope? It's actually quite cool, and I really dig the song. Too bad it's for the Hummer :pukeright:

For those of you who have seen it & like the song, go to the website of the band who wrote it, Ratatat, go to the Audio section, and download the Seventeen Years mp3 file.

Sweet revenge....driving my Prius while listening to the Hummer commercial theme song :)

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think that's a rather old commercial. At least, I've seen it for quite some time now.

The new one to me is actually a return of an even older one. There are about four families in Hummers and they go camping in what seems like desert plains. They're lighting candles inflating bags and sending them floating. In the backgraound is light earthy happy music. The thing is, it seems like the point is to promote the thought that Hummers bring you closer to Earth. Personally, I find that thought a little sickening. :pukeright:

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer\";p=\"50727)</div>
    You just aren't looking at it from the right perspective Tony. By blowing all that gas, they are hastening the time until we all have to live in our dead cars because there is no fuel! No transportation of good, no manufacture of goods therefore no jobs. Just getting closer to our burial plots. ;-)

4. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When you get gas and if there is a Hummer there, go and thank the guy for his gallant sacrifice to keep the gas station open for your few small purchases. :p

5. rflagg

rflagg Member

I picked up that Ratatat CD the night before seeing the commercial. Very good tunes on that CD, and I rarely buy cd's anymore. I'd call them a mix between Daft Punk (minus lyrics) and Lemon Jelly.

-m.