1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sweet oil filter wrench

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by edthefox5, Feb 14, 2008.

1. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I changed the oil on my 07 at 700 miles at Jiffy lube. Mobil 1. 4500 miles later I am amazed at how clean the oil still is on the dipstick. Never seen anything like it. But since its new I thought I'd at least change the oil filter and keep that clean oil in there. At this rate it will last 8k easy. Thought my adjustable oil wrench would work ok but its tight in there. Easy to get to the filter up front but there's not alot of space around the filter. I had to go Home Depot anyway so took a stroll through the tool section and found a wrench that is perfect. Its a Channel Lock oil filter wrench. Its the blue handle line Model # 209. Says its goes from 44 to 88 mm & it fits our little filter perfect. I love having the proper tool for the gig!

2. Winston

Winston Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I purchased the little plastic hood shaped filter wrench at Walmart for $2.50. It goes on the end of a socket extension. Works great too.